We all want an amazing smile. For some, a general cleaning is enough. For others, though, a smile makeover may be required. There are a variety of services that fall under the category of “cosmetic dentistry,” and Dr. Gregory Mark will design the perfect plan for your smile makeover in Forest Hills NY.
Along with aesthetic advantages, many smile makeover services also have restorative advantages and can improve your overall oral health. Combined with the cosmetic advantages, it’s easy to see why patients love their smile makeovers!
Why a Smile Makeover?
There are a variety of reasons why you may want to consider a smile makeover. Some of these reasons are for appearance, others are for your health. Some of these reasons include:
- Appearance. Everyone loves having a healthy, white smile. A smile makeover is the perfect option for those that require adjustments to their teeth to improve the look of their smile.
- Mood. Smiling more often can greatly improve your mood. Patients that love their smile tend to be more likely to smile without feeling self-conscious.
- Confidence. Having oral health issues can lead to a lack of confidence. With a healthy, brilliant smile many patients see a big boost in their self-confidence.
- Health. A lot of oral health issues that lead to a lackluster smile are also bad for a patient’s oral health. Cracks, chips, misalignment, and other issues can lead to decay, infection, and even extraction. By fixing these issues and others, a patient can greatly lower their chances of developing an oral health problem.
Some of the aesthetic issues that a smile makeover can help with include:
- Broken or misshapen teeth
- Severe discoloration
- Teeth that are crooked or gapped
- Missing teeth
If you are considering a smile makeover and you have any questions, reach out to Forest Hills Dental today. We’d be happy to discuss what options may be available and set an appointment for Dr. Mark to check out your teeth, gums, and jawbone to see what can be done to improve your smile.
Options for a Smile Makeover in Forest Hills NY
A smile makeover is a custom plan meant to meet the needs of each individual patient. There are a variety of procedures that fall under the umbrella of “cosmetic dentistry,” and the number of procedures necessary to improve your smile will depend on your specific oral healthcare needs. This may be as little as one service or as many as 3-4 different services.
Some of the most common Forest Hills cosmetic dentistry services we offer include:
- Teeth Whitening —There are a few different options for teeth whitening, and the right option for you will depend on your specific needs. For some patients with minimal discoloration, an over-the-counter treatment is enough. For others, professional whitening is the best option. With professional whitening, multiple layers of stain are removed. This means brighter, whiter teeth. Forest Hills Dental offers both in-house and take-home whitening treatments.
- Dental Veneers —If you have a tooth or teeth that have chips, cracks, discoloration, or other issues, dental veneers may be the best repair option. Dental veneers are prosthetics that are placed on your natural teeth and bonded. A veneer looks very similar to the natural tooth they are repairing and will match the color, shape, and size of the tooth.
- White Fillings —If you have tooth decay, it’s extremely important to have the decay removed and have a filling placed. Once you do, you’ll likely have an option of different types of fillings. White fillings are custom matched to your specific tooth and are minimally invasive. This makes them an excellent option for patients that require a tooth repair but don’t want the repair to stand out.
- Dental Crowns —If you have a tooth that has been damaged to the point where a dental veneer isn’t an option, Dr. Mark may decide to place a dental crown. Dental crowns can be made with different materials—some of which can look extremely similar to the color and shade of your natural tooth. We offer CEREC same-day ceramic crowns to replace your damaged tooth, while also providing the appearance of a natural tooth.
- Tooth Recontouring —If you have irregular teeth, tooth recontouring may be the perfect option for repair. This involves the smoothing of the surface of a tooth to even out the appearance of the tooth. It will then sit better amongst the surrounding teeth.
- Invisalign Braces —Invisalign braces are an excellent option for patients with alignment issues. As the name implies, they are practically invisible! Instead of traditional braces that are attached to the teeth, Invisalign involves the use of clear trays that are swapped out to adjust the teeth. You’ll be able to smile with confidence while your teeth are being perfectly aligned.
- Dental Bonding —Dental bonding Is a great option for patients that have minimal repair needs. They allow patients to fill gaps in their teeth, repair minor chips, and more.
Dr. Mark will work with you to design the perfect smile makeover plan.
A Smile Plan for You!
Every patient has different needs. When you set an appointment with Dr. Mark for your smile makeover, he will perform a thorough exam and then will consult you on what repair options are available. He will also let you know which repairs are cosmetic, and which are necessary for your ongoing oral health.
Part of your examination will require x-rays and possibly impressions of your teeth. A “wax up” may be created. This is essentially a preview of the course of treatment recommended by Dr. Mark that allows you to see what the modifications will look like. This helps many patients to feel more comfortable and confident moving forward with their smile makeover.