Advantages of the Invisalign System
What your dentist in Forest Hills, NY wants you to know
You may be thinking orthodontic treatment is just for teenagers. You may be thinking orthodontic treatment means wearing brackets and wires for years. It’s time to rethink orthodontic treatment, thanks to Invisalign! Invisalign is the most discreet method to achieve a straight smile, and it’s perfect for people of any age, including adults. Dr. Gregory Mark at Forest Hills Dental in Forest Hills, NY wants to share the advantages of Invisalign and why it is the right choice for you.
How Does Invisalign Work?
The Invisalign system uses a combination of clear plastic trays, called aligners. You will receive your first set of aligners, which you wear for 2 weeks. You then move on to a different set of aligners, which you wear for another 2 weeks. You will progress to a new set of aligners every two weeks until your treatment is complete. The typical length of treatment is between 9 and 15 months.
Why Choose Invisalign?
The Invisalign system has many advantages over other methods of orthodontic treatment. These are just a few:
- Invisalign treatment is quick, compared to years with conventional brackets and wires.
- Invisalign treatment is comfortable, because the aligners are made of smooth plastic, with no sharp parts to irritate your gums, cheeks, or tongue.
- Invisalign treatment is cosmetically beautiful, because the aligners are clear plastic and virtually invisible to people around you.
- Invisalign treatment is convenient, because you can remove the aligners to eat, brush, and floss.
Invisalign aligners may look delicate and beautiful, but they are strong enough to correct the same tooth and jaw alignment problems as conventional brackets and wires including:
- Underbite and overbite
- Open bite and crossbite
- Twisted and rotated teeth
- Gapped or overlapped teeth
The many advantages of the Invisalign system help to make it the right choice for you. If you want rapid results in a short period of time, Invisalign is the right choice to make. If you want a comfortable, discreet way to achieve a straight smile, you need Invisalign! To find out more about this revolutionary way to straighten your smile, call Dr. Gregory Mark at Forest Hills Dental in Forest Hills, NY today!